Security is important in all aspects of life, and especially in the digital age we live in, maintaining proper security is crucial to ensuring your information, and the information of your clients, stays private.
KASA is dedicated to keeping your files secure. Our electronic health records system was designed for mental health providers with security and privacy in mind.
Additionally, we take measures to ensure that your information stays secure. We transmit confidential information securely and encrypted, using bank level encryption, and ensure that even our staff is not able to see your passwords, as they are encrypted. A few additional ways we keep your information secure:
- We follow best practices to ensure our application is protected, secure, and follows standards for HIPAA compliance throughout our application
- We maintain audit trails of system access
- We have specific risk management, disaster recovery, and contingency planning procedures in place
- Your information is securely backed up daily
- We require secure passwords and monitor failed access attempts to avoid unauthorized or suspicious access to the system
- We maintain a high level of security to ensure that no client files or information is lost from our secure servers.
- We train all our staff on HIPAA compliance and have a multitude of administrative procedures in place to ensure that our staff maintains a high level of confidentiality as they interact with your client’s information.
We continually work to maintain HIPAA compliance; not just in policies and protocols or ensuring proper BAAs are in place, but by ensuring that our staff is continually trained, by conducting regular security checks for our staff, equipment, and technology infrastructure. We are continually working to ensure that we have proper administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in place to protect your patients’ information.
Much of your daily, ongoing HIPAA compliance (outside of your policies and protocols) boils down to ensuring that you are acting in a way that is HIPAA compliant, and we wrote an article on how you can maintain proper confidentiality and increase your security in a digital age as well.
As we interact with your clients, we maintain a high level of confidentiality, and are always vigilant about your clients’ privacy. We follow proper protocols and industry best practices when engaging in written and verbal communication regarding patient confidentiality to ensure we are speaking to the correct and authorized parties and avoid disclosing any PHI to unauthorized parties.